Last Modified: July 14, 2022
WHO WE ARE
The Mississippi Country Music Trail (www.mscountrymusictrail.org) is administered by
Visit Mississippi, the official tourism office for the state of Mississippi
(visitmississippi.org). Visit Mississippi (Mississippi Tourism) is a division of the
Mississippi Development Authority (ms.gov), 501 North West Street, Jackson, MS
39201 • 601-359-3297
Because ms.gov values its visitors, we only collect the minimum amount of information
necessary to serve our customers. Ms.gov will collect no personal information about you
when you visit its web portal unless you voluntarily choose to provide that information by
entering information in an online form, sending an e-mail, participating in a contest or
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the MS Country Music Trail web
portal to read web pages or download information, the website will automatically gather
and store certain information about your visit. Your web browser software transmits
most of this information to us; however, this information does not identify you
We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
• The numeric IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically
assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) from which you
access the mscountrymusictrail.org web portal.;
• The type of browser and operating system used to access the web portal;
• The date and time you access the mscountrymusictrail.org web portal;
• The pages you visit, including graphics loaded from each page and other
documents you download; and
• If you were referred to the mscountrymusictrail.org portal from another
website, mscountrymusictrail.org captures the address of the referring website.
Mscountrymusictrail.org uses this information to make the web portal more useful to
visitors–to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology
visitors use. We do not use information to track or record information about individuals
and their visits.
• A “cookie” is a small text file that a website can place on your computer’s hard
drive in order, for example, to collect information about your activities on the site
or to make it possible for you to use an online “shopping cart” to keep track of
items you wish to purchase. The cookie transmits this information back to the
website’s computer which, generally speaking, is the only computer that can read
it. Most consumers do not know that “cookies” are being placed on their
computers when they visit websites. If you want to know when this happens, or to
prevent it from happening, you can set your browser to warn you when a website
attempts to place a “cookie” on your computer.
• Mscountrymusictrail.org discourages the use of web cookies on its websites.
Temporary cookies, however, may be used when necessary to complete a
persistent web cookie is required, the web page discloses to visitors that a
persistent cookie is being used.
VOLUNTARY PERSONAL INFORMATION SUBMISSION
If you choose to identify yourself by sending Mscountrymusictrail.org an e-mail,
participating in a contest or other promotion, or by using online forms, some personal
data may be collected; however, that data will only be used for limited purposes.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Mscountrymusictrail.org will only send personally identifiable information about you to
other companies, agencies, or people when:
• We have your consent to share the information;
• We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have
• We are required to do so by law, subpoena, court order or legal process; or
Agreement or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
• Ms.gov is not directed to children under 13 and does not knowingly collect
personal information from children.
• In the event children unknowingly provide information through the ms.gov web
portal, it is only used to enable us to respond to the writer and not to create
profiles of children.
• Ms.gov is committed to ensuring the integrity of the information and systems it
maintains. As such, ms.gov has instituted security measures for all information
systems under our control so that information will not be lost, misused, or
• For site security purposes and to ensure that our Internet services remain
available to all users, ms.gov uses software programs to monitor traffic to identify
unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause
damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations and pursuant
to any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to
help identify an individual.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The Mscountrymusictrail.org web portal contains links to resources such as museums,
other local tourism sites, and our merchandise vendor. In a few cases, we link to private
organizations (such as Google and Facebook), with their permission. Once you link to